The Rivals.com recruiting experts have broken down countless hours of film and racked up plenty of frequent flyer miles to see the top prospects compete at events across the country. In the process of evaluating overall talent, several prospects gained notice for their mastery of specific skills.
We've selected the best of the best in each category for every position and ranked them. Rivals.com recruiting analyst Barry Every breaks down the wide receivers.
5. ALSHON JEFFREY, St. Matthews (S.C.) Calhoun County Jeffrey highlightsCOMMITMENT: USC PARTICULARS: 6-3/214 THE BUZZ: Had a phenomenal performance at the Chapel Hill Nike Camp, catching everything in sight.
4. JHERANIE BOYD, Gastonia (N.C.) Ashbrook Boyd highlightsPARTICULARS: 6-2/184 THE BUZZ: Good speed and superior leaping ability make for an explosive receiver who can do something with the ball after the catch.
3. SHAQUELLE EVANS, Inglewood (Calif.) High Evans highlightsPARTICULARS: 6-0/203 THE BUZZ: Possesses great speed and the build of a large back, making him hard to bring down.
2. ANDRE DEBOSE, Sanford (Fla.) Seminole Debose highlightsPARTICULARS: 6-0/170 THE BUZZ: This receiver actually had more carries from the tailback position last year, so he knows what to do with the ball in his hands.
1. RANDALL CARROLL, Los Angeles Cathedral Carroll highlightsCOMMITMENT: USC PARTICULARS: 5-10/175 THE BUZZ: Has great track speed and runs with the attitude of a running back.
4. WILLIE DOWNS, Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby Downs highlightsCOMMITMENT: Florida State PARTICULARS: 6-2/192 THE BUZZ: Two-way star also competes in four track events for Godby.
3. JHERANIE BOYD, Gastonia (N.C.) Ashbrook
Boyd highlightsPARTICULARS: 6-2/184 THE BUZZ: State finalist in the 100 and 200 meters, along with being a top-flight football prospect.
2. RANDALL CARROLL, Los Angeles Cathedral
Carroll highlightsCOMMITMENT: USC PARTICULARS: 5-10/175 THE BUZZ: Two-way starter also is one of the top track stars in California.
1. MARLON BROWN, Memphis Harding Academy Brown highlightsPARTICULARS: 6-5/205 THE BUZZ: A great receiver prospect, he also scored 35 points in guiding his team to victory in the state basketball championship game.