*Starters: Freshman TB Washaun Ealey and junior FB Fred Munzenmaier made their first career starts today. Also, junior Josh Davis made his 2009 debut with a start at RT. He started four games last year including the final three before a shoulder injury in the Capital One Bowl and missed spring drills. With Davis in the lineup, junior Clint Boling slid over and started at RG. He started the first six games at RT. Ealey finished with 71 yards on 13 carries (a 5.5 average). Munzenmaier had 10 rushing yards on two carries and his first 3 receptions of his career for 21 yards.
King Registers Two Touchdowns: Sophomore TB Caleb King had one career TD before today (last year vs. Central Michigan) and scored one rushing and his first career receiving TD, a 21-yarder from Joe Cox. King finished with 14 yards on five carries.
Special Teams: Walsh Boots A Pair: Sophomore PK Blair Walsh improved to 11-for-12 on the year in Field Goal Attempts, making a 42-yarder and a 43-yarder today. He was 4-for-4 in PATs to remain perfect in his career at 70-for-70. Senior Prince Miller had two big punt returns for a total of 95 yards (47.5 avg.) while sophomore Brandon Boykin averaged 23.7 on three kickoffs. And returning to action, junior safety Quintin Banks who made his 2009 debut in the second half, returning from a knee injury. Sophomore Drew Butler, the NCAA leader in punting average, had five for a 47.0 average today.
Points Off Turnovers: Georgia managed 7 points off one Vanderbilt turnover (Reshad Jones INT). Vanderbilt failed to convert an INT by Joe Cox in to any points. For Jones, it was his first this year and eighth of his career. It was the fifth INT for the Bulldogs this year. The Bulldogs have a turnover margin of minus 11 this year. Georgia has forced six turnovers this year and turned them in to 21 points.
Big Play A.J. Green: Sophomore A.J. Green took a screen pass from Joe Cox and turned it in to a career-long 65-yard TD catch to give the Bulldogs a 7-0 lead in the first quarter. He finished the game with three catches for 95 yards, all coming in the first half. Cox finished the day 16-for-31 for 226 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT.
Red Zone: Georgia returned to the Red Zone today, capping an eight-play, 64-yard drive with a two-yard TD by Caleb King, his first of the year. Last week at Tennessee, Georgia did not reach the Red Zone for the first time since the 1990 Clemson game, a span of 232 contests.
Trio Of Sacks: After not having any sacks last week against Tennessee, the Bulldogs had three in the first half against Vanderbilt as Demarcus Dobbs, Kade Weston and Justin Houston posted one each. The season high for sacks for the Bulldogs this year is six against LSU. Georgia finished with three sacks today.
Georgia-Vanderbilt Series: With today's 34-10 win, the Bulldogs improved to 50-18-2 in the series including 23-7-1 in Vanderbilt stadium.
Up Next: The Bulldogs (4-3, 3-2 SEC) have an open date and return to action Oct. 31 against #1 Florida in Jacksonville. Kickoff will be at 3:30 p.m. ET and be televised by CBS.
With the loss, the Commodores move to 2-5 overall, and 0-4 in Southeastern Conference play.
• Sophomore Jamie Graham started at wide receiver, making his first appearance of the year on offense. After seeing action as a receiver and running back as a freshman, Graham played defensive back through the first six games.
• Freshman running back Warren Norman moved into the top 10 on Vanderbilt's All-time freshman rushers with 52 yards today. He now has 450 yards rushing on the year, good for eighth place on the school's list.
• Senior Brett Upson averaged 46.4 yards on seven punts on the afternoon. He also had a successful fake punt in the first half, running for seven yards and a first down. Upson has averaged 44.8 yards per punt in his last six games.
• Sophomore tight end Brandon Barden tied a career high with five receptions on the day. He finished with 49 yards and a touchdown.
• Senior Greg Billinger finished with four tackles including a sack for seven yards. He now has 2.5 sacks on the year tying his career high he set a year ago.
• Sophomore linebacker Chris Marve finished with a team-best nine tackles, including one for loss.
• Ryan Fowler's 41-yard field goal in the first half tied a season high set against Army a week ago. He has now made three straight field goals and is 8-for-12 on the year.
• With 11:59 left in the first quarter, defensive back Casey Hayward stopped a Georgia possession with an interception in the Vanderbilt end zone. It was Hayward's second pick of the year.
• With 6:00 left, punter Brett Upson was successful with a fake punt, going seven yards for a first down to the UGA 48-yard line. The Commodore drive ended with a Georgia interception at the Vanderbilt 18-yard line.
• Ryan Fowler ended a 7-play, 40-yard Commodore by converting a 41-yard field goal. It was Fowler's third consecutive conversion and tied a career high from the previous week at Army.
• Vanderbilt went 80 yards on its opening possession of the second half for its first touchdown. The drive ended with QB Larry Smith to sophomore TE Brandon Barden. It was Barden's first TD catch of the year and his fifth career TD reception. The drive featured a 25-yard pass from Smith to freshman WR Collin Ashley.